Front Office Manager
The Overlake School
The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the front of school, meaning the daily interactions both in-person and virtually through e-mail or phone with the people and services coming to the front office including, but not limited to; students, parents, prospective families, faculty, staff, & vendors. They will be the departmental point person for the school’s primary database, Veracross, and will work closely with the Technology Team to ensure data accuracy, integrity and consistency.
1. Greet and assist visitors to the school via phone or in-person.
2. Manage the attendance record of students who leave campus during the day or arrive late to school.
3. Manage the database of the school’s student information system (SIS) including making changes to constituent’s demographics, included but not limited to address, phone number, email.
4. Manage the level and desire of constituents to receive communication from the school based on their selected preferences.
5. Build and maintain e-mail and mail queries for overall school communications, including but not limited to communication from the HOS, US & MS Heads, Dean of Students, other faculty and staff.
6. Assist the communications team in developing and disseminating electronic communication with the communications portal of the SIS.
7. Assist the communications team with uploading and editing digital assets to be stored in the school’s digital asset management system.
8. Monitor and assist in posting content on the school’s social media channels and alert fellow communication department team members of troubling posts.
9. Be well-versed with the school’s website staying abreast of changes, and helping visitors and parents navigate the site quickly and efficiently.
10. Be an ambassador for the school’s communication channels, especially when interacting with parents and prospective parents.
11. Work with other calendar “super users” to ensure consistent, robust information for calendar events, including reflecting changes and cancellations where needed.
12. Serve as a member of the school’s “Core SIS Team” to help steward and lead data platforms forward.
- Maintains front office school voice mail messages, including the attendance line
- Orders paper, stationary and business cards
- Clerical assistance
- Point for attendance during fire drills
- Monitor Health room
- Other duties as assigned by the Dir. of Communications
Reports to the Director of Communications
No supervisory responsibilities
1. Background working in databases, school student information systems preferred
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, copy editing skills a plus
3. Experience in a business setting of communicating through social media channels
4. Ability with digital platforms, including photoshop
5. Curiosity about learning new technologies and digital platforms
6. Cheerful, energetic demeanor that provides a welcoming spirit
7. High School diploma with 1 to 3 years relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.