Full-Stack Product Engineer - React/Node.js, Remote
Startups.com is looking for experienced Full-Stack Product Engineers to build the next generation of tools and services to help Founders start, grow, and manage their startups.
The Ideal Candidate
You’re a startup fanatic or founder yourself, and love helping others launch new businesses.
You exercise product and design thinking to help identify and build useful tools for customers and internal business needs. You pay close attention to user-experience and are excited to work with the entire team to improve the product in all ways possible, not just code.
You enjoy working with cutting-edge technology, but maintain a sensibility in choosing appropriate tools for the job in order to ship quickly and iteratively. You enjoy engineering applications in a dynamic environment in which development empowers the business and its customers.
You thrive in a fast-paced low-beauracracy environment in which engineers are expected to take initiative in identifying and solving problems, developing skills, and building great products. You collaborate well with cross-functional teams and are excited by the chance to teach and learn from others.
What You'll Do
- Build Web-based software that empower founders to launch and grow their businesses
- Collaborate with our entire team to implement product vision, with a strong focus on full-stack technology execution
- Build software for internal business operations
- Contribute to a maturing startup technical environment, helping to accelerate future growth
- Work with an insanely talented and fast-moving team of passionate builders
Startups.com Technical Stack
- Mobile development with React Native
- Modern styling with CSS-in-JS (Emotion)
- Databases: MySQL, MariaDB, Redis
- Linux-based server environments on AWS and Docker
- Server orchestration with Kubernetes
- Strong skills in product and design thinking; contributing to project requirements and implementation planning
- Familiarity with relational databases, especially MySQL
- Proficiency in responsive and/or progressive web apps (PWAs)
- 4-year degree (or equivalent work experience) in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience working with or in a startup environment; huge bonus if you’re a previous Founder yourself!
- React Native
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo Client/Server
- DevOps experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS
Fully remote: We’re a fully-remote US-based company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Our team is welcome to work-from-anywhere, but should have some availability during our normal business hours (9am to 6pm within US timezones).
Salary: Compensation varies greatly based on the experience of the candidate and the work assigned. We understand market rates well, so we are certainly competitive.
Stock: Every person in our company owns a piece of the company. A signing bonus in stock will be made available so that you are a part of the company from Day 1.
Insurance: We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage. We need you healthy to do your best work.
Vacation: We don’t track vacation. If you need time off, take it. We’re easy like that.