Full Stack, Senior Software Engineer for Sports Broadcasting Company (Remote in US)
Our client is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, and MLS and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media level.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering group to help build and improve our AI-based sports analytics products. This group is primarily responsible for our web and mobile applications that are used by teams, leagues, coaches, and fans. They ensure our customers have a seamless user experience within our products for the thousands of sporting events we run each year.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our customer-facing and internal applications
- Contribute to multiple layers of our stack, from our web front-end, backend API's, and databases
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, and other software engineers
- Assist with reliability, stability, and availability of applications
- Own reliability, stability, and availability of systems applications
- Mentor other engineers both technically and professionally
- Maintain best-practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- Assess and drive adoption of emerging technologies and techniques
- Provide technical leadership, including code review, practices, and skill development
- Communicate technical commitments and decisions to team and external stakeholders
- Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts, and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
- Participate in our engineering culture by embracing opportunities to learn from others
- Client-side: ReactJS, NextJS, TypeScript, Web Components (LitElement), HTML/CSS, Design Systems
- Server-side: GraphQL, REST, NodeJS, TypeScript, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Pulsar, Auth0, Rust
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache), Docker, Linux, Terraform
- Codebase: Git with GitLab or Github
- 5+ years of hands-on, full-time software development experience
- Customer-focus with an understanding that shipping software involves tradeoff and collaboration
- Prior experience building production web apps using ReactJS and NodeJS (or similar backend stack)
- Experience collaborating across multiple disciplines (front-end, back-end, databases, infrastructure, and devops)
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently in an efficient manner
- Ability to articulate and make decisions about trade-offs between rapid iteration and high quality products
- Ability to take point on technical discussions and feature prioritization
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience, with strong software engineering components
- Elm, Elixir, Rust, Reactive Frameworks (RxJS)
- Experience working with Video Streaming Applications
- Experience building mobile apps (Swift/SwiftUI, Kotlin, React Native)
Role Type: Full Time