Senior Site Reliability Engineer for Sports Broadcasting Company (Remote in US)
Our client is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, and MLS and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media level.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering group to help build and improve our AI-based sports analytics products. This group is primarily responsible for our web and mobile applications that are used by teams, leagues, coaches, and fans. They ensure our customers have a seamless user experience within our products for the thousands of sporting events we run each year.
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to be a member of the Infrastructure Engineering group. Scale at Second Spectrum is driven by live events and it is common for resource usage to burst 100x. The infrastructure group builds the platform on which all Second Spectrum products are deployed, scaled, and monitored. We have been using now industry standard technologies, like Kubernetes and Terraform, for almost half a decade.
- First and foremost, write software to build and maintain the deployment architecture that powers Second Spectrum’s products.
- Identify technologies and processes to take the deployment architecture to the next level in reliability, cost-effectiveness, and ease of use.
- Empower engineers to build, test, deploy, and monitor services by themselves.
- Mentor and collaborate with engineers on other teams to promote healthy deployment practices.
- Participate in an on-call rotation that emphasizes eliminating repeating escalations.
- Docker and container scheduling (Kubernetes)
- Typescript, Rust, Terraform
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Pulsar, Redis
- Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Elasticsearch
- AWS (EC2, EKS, RDS, S3, among others)
- 5+ years combined experience of software development experience in both SRE and full-stack roles
- Experience using container technologies to test locally or deployment in production environments
- Experience with Terraform and container technologies is essential
- Ability to articulate and make decisions about trade-offs between rapid iteration and high-quality products
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in an efficient manner
- Dislike solving the same problems again and again - so you automate or eliminate them
- Are inspired to improving workflows to make everyone’s jobs easier
- Like to collaborate with others to solve problems, share knowledge, and provide feedback
- Strong communication skills when discussing technical concepts with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience or interest in using Rust
- Experience with live video streaming best practices and protocols
- Experience deploying services with low latency requirements in a containerized environment
Role Type: Full Time