Not just work. Meaningful work.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to cultivate meaningful work for people with disabilities and other barriers. By becoming a Janitorial Specialist, you will join a team that proudly keeps the facilities and shared spaces in our communities clean, in a safe and effective way. Our union representatives at SEIU Local 49 have acknowledged our enhanced cleaning protocols and procedures, sharing them as best practices for the janitorial industry.
The Janitorial Specialist performs all specialized and restorative cleaning and maintenance tasks associated with the Janitorial team at Relay Resources. The Janitorial Specialist will perform tasks associated with the maintenance of carpets and hard surface floors, large-scale cleanings, and deep cleaning and disinfection of client sites. This position requires a valid driver's license and personal vehicle.
- Full-Time Swing Janitorial Specialist
- Monday through Friday, 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM
- Various Portland locations
- SEIU Union wages start at $16.75
- SEIU Union benefits, including medical, dental, paid time off, paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Perform pre-spotting, extraction, and bonneting on carpets in multiple worksites
- Use only Relay-approved carpet cleaning methods, chemicals, and equipment
- Upholstery cleaning tasks required
- Utilize truck-mount and portable carpet cleaning equipment in work performance
Hard Floor Maintenance:
- Perform stripping, scrubbing, sealing, applying finish, and polishing on hard floor surfaces in multiple worksites
- Use only Relay-approved floor methods, finishes, sealers, and chemicals
- Utilize auto scrubber and burnishing machine in work performance
- Utilize turbo tool equipment for grout / hard floor surface cleaning
Specialized Janitorial Tasks:
- Perform on-demand janitorial duties at various sites to assist in large-scale cleaning operations such as post-construction cleans and large-scale disinfections
- Utilize specialized janitorial equipment to perform tasks such as electrostatic sprayers, Kaivac restroom cleaners, and commercial pressure washers
COVID Vaccination Requirements
To comply with some work site’s vaccination requirements, you must be fully vaccinated by the time of placement. Fully vaccinated is considered 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. If you have a medical or religious exemption, there may or may not be the ability to place you at this location.
More about us
We’re a nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR, employing more than 700 people in the Pacific Northwest. Our variety of services includes janitorial, landscaping, document services, and supply chain solutions, as well as managing affordable housing. We create value for our community by delivering quality services to our customers, good jobs to our employees, and affordable homes to our residents.
Relay is one of the largest janitorial service providers in the greater Portland area. Our team proudly cleans shared spaces such as the award-winning Portland International Airport (PDX), Portland State University (PSU), and Portland City Hall.
Relay Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome everyone to our team/to apply. We are committed to cultivating a people-first inclusive culture that benefits our employees, customers, and residents. Relay encourages a diversity of applicants of all backgrounds and identities including disability, race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military service, marital status, parental status, age, and individuals with a Preferred Worker Card. Let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process, or to perform the job for which you are applying.