Full Time Temporary Drivers License Examiner
NORTH DAKOTA STATE GOVERNMENT - DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION
Drivers License Division, Fargo, ND
If you are looking to make a difference and drive your success, you have come to the right place. North Dakota Department of Transportation’s mission is to safely move people and goods. We are looking for a candidate with a passion to help the citizens in our state.
NDDOT Hiring Salary: $17.52 / hour
This temporary status position will include optional single health insurance benefits in accordance with the ACA.
This is not a part-time seasonal position. This position will work approximately 32 - 40 hours per week: M-F 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays 8:00 am to 12 noon.
Summary of Work
- Determine applicant identity, eligibility, and legal status.
- Review medical information to determine license restrictions.
- Issue licenses, identification cards and permits.
- Collect appropriate license fees.
- Conduct noncommercial driver testing in passenger vehicles.
- Administer ten separate types of knowledge examinations.
- Conduct vehicle inspections in accordance with state law and safety requirements.
- Administer tests for commercial driver license endorsements, restriction removal, and class upgrades.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- High school diploma or GED, possession of a valid Class D operator’s license, and a satisfactory driving record for the last five years.
- Applicants with any alcohol related or reckless driving offenses will not be considered. All other driving offenses will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Requires satisfactory completion of the interview process and a verifiable record of satisfactory performance in previous employment. Employment is contingent upon the results of a criminal background check.
Submit an application at www.nd.gov/careers by 11:59 P.M. CST on the closing date. Application materials, including resume, cover letter, and transcript, must clearly explain how experience and education relate to the minimum qualifications and job duties.* Applicants who experience difficulties during the application process should contact
*Candidates will be scored on a 100-point candidate questionnaire to be considered for interviews. Application materials, including resumes and attachments, are not considered in the 100-point candidate questionnaire. Applicants must provide detail in their responses to the questionnaire.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process, contact Denise Osmond, Recruitment Manager, at
firstname.lastname@example.org 701.328.4358. Learn more about NDDOT at https://www.dot.nd.gov/.
TTY users may use Relay North Dakota at 711 or 1-800-366-6888.
NDDOT does not provide sponsorships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.