The Case Manager facilitates patients' progress through the continuum of care, from Pre-Admission through Discharge for Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth and Baylor Surgical Hospital Outpatient Center. He/She
- Provides feedback to payors on patient’s clinical status and secures approvals for additional days of stay;
- Monitors quality standards as determined by the Performance Improvement Plan and the Medical Staff Quality Indicators;
- Evaluates patients for discharge planning needs and appropriately directs the patient’s care;
- Monitors resource consumption for most effective use;
- Identifies teaching and psychosocial concerns for the best patient outcomes;
- Supervises the Discharge Planner
- Assists in aggregating data for quality trending;
- Assists in Infection Control surveillance;
- Functions as a Patient Advocate to assist patients in resolving concerns.
The RN Case Manager position requires the following skills:
- Ability to work independently;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred;
- Willingness to learn computer applications necessary for work functions;
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and various personalities with a positive attitude.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Heath Care Record for patient documentation.
- Adheres to strictest confidentiality in dealing with patients, families, hospital personnel and the public
The RN Case Manager position requires the following qualifications and experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Texas RN License required
- Previous experience in case management required; Certification required;
- Minimum 2 years acute care experience required.
- BLS required and ACLS and PALS required by 6 months from hire date.