Job Title: General Clerk II -
Functional Job Title: General Office Clerk
Department: Administrative Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Contract Manager
The general Clerk II position supports the MSC contract with clerical duties. The Clerk II is responsible for selecting appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations from a limited number of guides and manuals. The Clerk II is responsible for escalating and reporting problems or issues that arise.
- Familiar with office terminology
- Ensures procedures are followed correctly.
- Takes clerical steps that may vary in sequence depending on the task at hand.
- Recognizes problems and refers them to leadership.
- Has knowledge of substantive guides and manuals; makes determinations and simple adaptations and interpretations of the material contained in the guides and manuals.
- Exhibits attention to detail in following clerical procedures.
- Uses office technology to facilitate work
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of one year experience in clerical work or in an office setting
- Valid Drivers License is preferred
Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to follow procedures while completing multiple tasks
- Skilled in basic math to include sorting alphabetically and numerically
- Knowledge of an office work environment and routine
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to select appropriate methods and procedures and make simple adaptations and interpretations from technical data and manuals
- Knowledge of office hardware and software
- Excellent communication skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attention to Detail: Double checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work in a usable form to others who need to act on it. As well as ensuring accuracy and standards are met by the team.
- Knowledge: Having a solid knowledge base on office work and routines use of technology to achieve goals.
- Caring: Works beyond the minimum job requirements and does whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job.
- Accountability: the ability to be responsible for the consequences of one’s own actions and the actions and decisions of the team.
- Reliability: Completes all assigned tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
- Empathy: showing compassion and support to ensure mission of Versability Resources to support people with disabilities in having productive and fulfilling lives is being carried out on a day-to-day basis