General/Family Nurse Practitioner
Priority Health HR
A new local behavioral health agency is seeking dynamic healthcare professionals interested in bringing psychiatric care to a new level our adult and children clients.
Job Summary: Provides medical evaluation and services to inpatient and outpatients under the supervision of a physician in the behavioral health setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and documents physical examination and patients/clients medical history including gynecological exams.
- Assesses and documents patients/clients and/or their families psychosocial issues.
- Provides care appropriate to the condition and age of the patient.
- Performs and/or orders diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/tests such as lab work, x-ray and ultrasound.
- Performs various waived lab tests such as occult blood, wet mounts, KOH prep, urine pregnancy tests and other waived tests as may be appropriate and feasible.
- Interprets laboratory and diagnostic test results.
- Interprets subjective and objective date to formulate a diagnosis.
- Formulates patient treatment plans within scope of practice.
- Performs minor surgical procedures including minor laceration repair, removal of foreign bodies (except bullets), etc.
- Implements therapeutic interventions when appropriate within scope of practice.
- Provides education/counseling for patients/clients and their families on preventive healthcare.
- Orders, prescribes, dispenses and administers drugs and medical devices within scope of practice (See individual state laws).
- Knowledgeable of psychotropic drugs and their correct administration based on the age of the patient/client and their clinical condition.
- Possesses theoretical knowledge of psychopathology, current psychotherapies and intervention techniques.
- Participates in weekly treatment planning for each patient/client, works cooperatively as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Always defers to the supervising physician with difficult cases or when a case is out of the scope of practice.
- All documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Dictates history and physicals, documents progress notes and service tickets.
- Performs routine ambulatory care type medical treatment for patients/clients and provides same care for staff with Workmanâ€™s Compensation type injuries within approved hospital program and policies.
- Initiates initial seclusion/restraint orders.
- Performs all aspects of patient/client care in an environment that optimizes patient/client safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Understands community and consumer cultural, social and economic beliefs, values and service needs.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to supervising physician, nurses and facility staff.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the healthcare staff and departments to the facility.
- Treats patients/clients and families with respect and dignity; provides emotional support.
- Provides a safe environment for patients/clients and staff, including being aware of and documenting unusual incidents.
- Knowledgeable of facility and community resources.
- Collaborates with medical staff and community-based agencies regarding evaluation, recommendation and referral disposition as needed.
- Follows facilities policies and procedures.
- Completes other duties as necessary and assigned by the Medical Director and/or Chief Executive Officer.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Keeps current with advances in the medical field through continuing education, seminars/conferences, professional societies and journals, etc.
- BSN, MSN; Ohio Nursing and Advanced Nurse Practitioner Licensure; Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Two (2) yearsâ€™ experience in a behavioral health setting preferred.
- Licensed in the state of Ohio.
- Registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) if applicable.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
- Current liability coverage.
- Must complete 100 hours of CME every two (2) years and take recertification exam every six (6) years.
- Must be supervised by a physician.
- Scope of practice is related directly to the NPâ€™s supervising physician and individual state laws.
- Ability to convey relevant clinical information in an accurate concise manner.
- Aptitude for working with children and adolescents with mental illness.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Psych; general pediatrics: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Great Compensation & Advancement Opportunity!
Powered by JazzHR