The General Manager is one of the faces of Chuze Fitness and who leads the entire team. Chuze prides itself on the 3 C's (Customer Service, Cleanliness, and Culture) and the GM must uphold all three areas. The GM is constantly greeting and interacting with members and prospective members whether it be: answering the phone, answering questions, giving tours or providing assistance. In regard to the cleanliness of the gym, the GM ensures that our facilities are immaculate for our members.
Additionally, the General Manager takes on a very heavy administrative role involving tasks such as payroll, scheduling, recruiting and counseling, member and prospective member outreach, oversight of inventory, oversight of gym maintenance, and staff accountability. GMs at Chuze Fitness also play a very big role in the training and development of staff through role playing and coaching.
Regular Work Activities -- What are the most frequent and essential work activities in this position?
- Lead the team by example in customer service, cleanliness, and culture
- Manage/lead staff to acceptable professionalism and job performance during day-to-day operations
- Recruit new talent
- Train and coach existing team members and supervisors
- Maintain accountability with supervisors and team members
- Oversees all aspects of the gym and them team
- Participate in Company Meetings once a month
- Plan quarterly team bonding events for your team
- 44 - 55 shift hours per week
Key Skills -- What behavioral traits, attitudes, and skills are required?
- Extraordinary people skills (needs to set an example and the standard)
- Leadership, management, team-building skills
- Goal setting, organizational, and accountability skills
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Pays most extreme attention to detail
- Development and training skills
People Interactions -- What are the primary forms of people interactions in this position (who, why, and how often)?
- Prospective/Existing members: Phone inquiries, facility tours, Contact Requests, YELP, (daily)
- Chuze members: face-to-face greetings, farewells, positive/fun interactions (daily)
- Chuze members: assistance (help with machines, equip, tanning/hydro, POS, etc) (daily)
- Chuze members: interactions during walkthroughs, cleaning, locker room checks, etc (daily)
- Chuze members: billing issues, disputes, and account research/history with company software to determine proper course of action. (daily)
- Chuze members: conflict resolution (daily)
- Chuze Staff: training, facilitating, ensuring accountability, leading (daily)
- Candidates: recruiting and selecting talent (always)
- General Manager: set facility goals, plans, & review club performance (monthly)
What Can We Do For You?
- Complimentary Membership
- 1 Complimentary Gym Membership for relative or friend
- Quarterly Team Bonding Events with Managers and District Leaders
- Yearly Leadership Retreats
- Monthly club evaluations put toward quarterly bonus incentives.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401K (eligible after 1 year of employment)
Chuze Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A Background check is required for some positions.