General Manager Job Description
If you like working in a welcoming environment, love our awesome food, have leadership experience & have a run-it like you own it attitude, then click apply and join the Moe’s Management Team! Moe’s Southwest Grill is now hiring self-motivated brand leaders!
As a Moe’s General Manager, you would be responsible for managing the overall restaurant operations. This includes ensuring that all guests are satisfied with their dining experience, overseeing the development and performance of assistant managers, shift supervisors and crewmembers. You would also maintain our high standards for excellence by providing high quality products by adherence to our procedures and safety standards. In addition, you will be responsible achieving targeted results related to exceptional guest service, sales growth, profitability, management of quality/service/cleanliness standards, facility maintenance, and local store marketing.
You will enjoy the benefits of shift meals, paid time off, health benefits, discounts, and most importantly an opportunity to grow with the company.
General Manager Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Greeting each guest with a positive “Welcome to Moe’s.”
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the Moe's Brand.
- Ensures that the entire staff maintains and delivers high quality products within Moe’s speed of service standards.
- Ensures that the entire staff follows all specs and procedures within Moe’s recipe manual.
- Ensures that the entire staff adheres to company appearance standards and display professionalism at all times.
- Ensures that the entire staff adheres to all sanitation, safety, security policies and procedures to provide a safe environment for all.
- Responsible for the entire staff’s development, which leads to better performance appraisal, employee satisfaction, and even engagement.
- Overall hiring and recruiting to help keep the restaurant properly staffed.
- Ability to control food cost within the restaurant to make sure the restaurant is profitable.
- Promote the restaurant and drive sales with local store marketing.
- Ensures proper off premise management procedures are utilized.
- Ability to manage crises in the restaurant to safeguard our guests and employees.
- Ability to place food truck and produce orders.
- Ability to approve the crew’s schedule and make the managers schedule.
- Ability to count and record Inventory, including reconciliation to accurately manage costs.
- Administrative duties that include revenues & finance and profit & loss.
- Conducts managers meetings on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to keep everyone aligned with the goals of the business.
- Oversees the preventive maintenance checks on all the equipment to prevent any issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN and SMILE!
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a ServSafe Food Production Manager Certification.
- Must be capable of performing any duty, of any employee, while training or while covering staffing needs.
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits, deliver orders, or run errands as needed; driving record must be acceptable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Previous restaurant experience is required.
- Weekly workweek should be 50 hours. Occasionally a manager’s hours will vary to ensure the proper operation of the restaurant.
- Ability to perform basic addition and subtractions and make correct change.
- Ability to lift up to 50-lb. boxes of product.
- Ability to work in a warm environment (grills, fryer) and react to timers.
- Ability to climb ladders and bend at the waist to clean equipment.
- Ability to stand up and use hands, arms, shoulders and back to build menu items throughout a shift.
- Ability to work around industrial-strength cleaners.
- Ability to operate the mixer required to prep specific recipes.