30+ days ago
Supply Chain | Operations
At Gourmet Gorilla™ we strive for a sustainable future for children by providing local and organic meals and healthier eating options to schools. We are committed to working with community partners to provide solid nutrition for children to help them grow and learn. Building alliances between local farms, urban agriculturalists, dietitians, nutritionists, talented chefs, and organic food manufacturers, we are able to provide quality ingredients as well as links to educational resources on healthy food curriculum, the value of local and organic foods, garden projects and ecological awareness.
We are building a team of professionals who care about food and where it comes from; who choose to work in a nurturing environment where all individuals are respected and coached to grow. We value creativity, diversity, breadth of knowledge, and a desire to enjoy our profession.
The General Manager is responsible for all activities that occur in all manufacturing facilities, including procurement, inventory, production, logistics and distribution. The General Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility for manufacturing and key support process operations. This position leads through influence in a matrix organization in relation to additional functions that occur at the facility, such as shipping and distribution. The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, customer service and leadership so as to deliver financial profitability for the company.
This leadership position directs, manages, and optimizes the overall operations of one or more production facilities. Sets policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality and cost efficiency of all facility operations, establishes systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals. Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement. Additionally, this position ensures robust facility safety and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations. Leads any labor relations activities involving all facilities. Directs facility level support functions including finance, engineering, materials, quality assurance, and human resources to ensure alignment with overall facility operations. The General Manager manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Oversee manufacturing operations for a foodservice manufacturing organization consisting of hourly associates and management staff.
· Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health, and safety issues.
· Focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure associates have the tools, resources, and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
· Understand, coach, create and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability, and operational discipline.
· Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality, and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
· Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support in the company's values and policies.
· Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support the profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
· Build an organization that is customer-focused, flexible, and has strong business acumen.
· Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.
Key Behavioral Competencies
· Results Orientation. Focused on improving business results through the introduction of incremental improvements in business practices; defines key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs, risks, and benefits for the organization; emphasizes accountability and a sense of urgency.
· Change Leadership. Encourages associates to identify improvement opportunities; sets realistic challenges for the team; influences others, internally and externally, to drive change efforts; encourages collaboration and innovation.
· Learning and Adopting Best Practices. Able to learn new approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best practices and apply them to their business; the desire to learn (intellectual curiosity), creates a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
· Strategic Thinking with Business Insight. Ability to understand the company's competitive context; strong analytical and conceptual abilities to develop his/her own plan within the general company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
· People Oriented Leadership. Focused on optimizing, developing and improving work teams by achieving a balance between the productive and the humane, inspiring others to be better; increasing their product performance and ensuring their personal development; operates in a team-based environment empowering the team and delegates responsibilities, ensuring ownership of decisions and promoting individual accountability.
Education and Work History
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science or a technical field a plus. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
· 12+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
· 4+ years of experience leading a high-performance management team.
· Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero injury culture.
· Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day-to-day performance.
· In-depth knowledge of culinary science and technology, process control, and improvement tools.
· Experience with programs that drive statistical process.
Competitive salary with benefits, DOE
Early mornings and occasional weekend availability
Please submit a resume and cover letter
Please submit three references
*The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gourmet Gorilla is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training, and all other working conditions.