30+ days ago
General Manager Opportunity
Knighted is a multi-faceted investment organization, focused on gaming and entertainment. We are one ofthe largest operators in the cardroom industries of California and Florida and are now branching out to other parts of the U.S.
We are on a mission to change the cardroom gaming landscape through innovative people and corporate best practices. We design unique gaming solutions to exponentially increase operational efficiency for our clients, with a relentless focus on success. Knighted’s newest venture is the Champions Social Poker Club in Texas.
Following the launch of our first location in Houston, we are continuing to grow our footprint with a second location in Dallas. We are seeking a hospitality veteran to serve as General Manager of our Dallas facility. We are excited to continue building our high caliber team with a focus on both the employee and customer experience. Our ideal candidate has experience in private membership club, hotel, gaming, or similar industries.
General Responsibilities Include:
● Provide leadership for day-to-day operations of our membership club, including Human Resources, Customer Relations, Poker/Game Offerings, Food & Beverage, and Finance.
● Develop the overall club strategy to maximize employee satisfaction, member satisfaction, and financial performance.
● Resolve problems and communicate to ensure consistency and memorable guest service, ensuring strong, positive communication flow across team members and customers.
● Promote an environment of continuous improvement, learning and development through coaching and recognition.
● Analyze revenue, expenses, labor reports, and guest satisfaction reviews to ensure execution of business strategy, aligning the focus and attention of the management team.
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with neighbors, vendors, and industry partners.
● Facilitate communication with Board of Directors and ownership.
● Prepare an annual budget and business plan to include goals, objectives, and financial analysis. Partner with accounting to oversee and reconcile revenue and expenses.
● Understand the local and statewide competitive landscape.
● Drive the marketing and promotional strategy of our facility.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred, but not required.
● Minimum 5 years of management experience in Hospitality, Casino, Poker Room, or related
● High level of executive presence and EQ, and the ability to work with executives with divergent
● Regular interface with the Founders, department heads, clients, external partners/contractors/vendors, and the larger organization.
● Adept in financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
● Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
● Team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as throughout the larger community.
● Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
● Creative problem solving skills. Proactive and resourceful.
● Proficient with modern technology platforms.