Make a meaningful impact as the General Manager at Maialino Mare at the ThompsonHotel in DC!
Foundedby CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Union Square Cafe, The Modern, Marta, and Porchlight to name a few
The General Manager plans and coordinates the operations of their business unit by working closely with the Director of F&B and they ensure that the operational areas of their business are aligned with the mission of the business and the vision and core values of Union Square Hospitality Group.An integral member ofthe restaurant’sleadership, this position must lead,inspireand embody our Family Values and our philosophy of Enlightened Hospitality in all interactions with our people, guests, vendors, community and investors. This position is also tasked withensuring a thriving culture of Enlightened Hospitality is rooted in all aspects ofrestaurant culture and operations.Reinforce and grow a team that embodies USHG’s culture through our Family Values.Possess and actively teach excellent financial acumen to guarantee financial health throughout the business.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Participation in annual bonus plan and long-term incentive plan
- Company- paid Life Insurance for all salaried employees
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Continually enhance, refine, and ensure the excellence of the service and hospitality provided by the entire team.
- Lead the management team and staff in providing a consistently outstanding guest experience
- Grows teams of people who exemplify our Family Values and in alignment with our Diversity and Inclusion goals
- Leads the larger leadership team with a clear message, sound judgement, patient persistence and generous feedback.
- Ensure the business delivers on the brand promise while achieving desired profitability
- Ensure that all systems and processes are efficient, compliant with all applicable regulations,policies, and laws, are properly documented, and that our people are well trained on our systems and processes
- Proactively build trusting relationships with community and vendors so that the restaurant is a cornerstone of the community
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying ourFamily Valuesof:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 10+ years of leadership experience in the hospitality industry
- 2+ years of recent experience in a similar position and environment
- Proficient knowledge of relevant systems and processes including with applications and software
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to lead and empower a team
- Qualify for a DC CFPM certificate and a DC ABC Manager License
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s degree
- English fluency and Spanish preferred
- Relevant DC area experience preferred