Execute OUR VISION
- To promote a work environment where every employee's value is recognized andnexcellence is a goal to be achieved and maintained.
- To ensure, through the training and development of our employees, high standards for service, food preparation and presentation, housekeeping and sanitation. To provide a dining experience that exceeds our guest's expectations.
- To deliver continued growth and income for Norm's.
Norm's Restaurant General Managers have developed (through experience and training) into well-rounded leaders and are the key persons responsible for total guest satisfaction, meeting pre-determined company quality and service standards for the restaurant they manage, and meeting profit goals set for the restaurant.
Norm's Restaurant General Managers will possess the ability to think independently, but at the same time be able to follow prescribed company procedures and directives. General Mangers will possess experience as a Chef and Service Director (or equivalent experience) prior to promotion, and must pass a series of tests to demonstrate their proficiency in understanding and applying Norm's Restaurants operational standards. General managers will endeavor to develop employees and support OUR VISION.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It is a guideline. All management behavior is expected to be in the best interest of the company. Managers should act in a manner to enhance the image, ethics and professionalism of Norm's.
Norm's Restaurants may from time to time and at its discretion, amend the job description. Notification of such changes will be made in a timely manner.
- Establish an atmosphere where all employees feel free to create, discuss, and contribute ideas for the improvement of the restaurant and customer satisfaction.
- Assure the implementation and daily execution of established training standards.
- Provide for the on-going training and development of assistant managers.
- Assist in the selection, training, motivating, reviewing and promoting of assistant managers and hourly personnel.
- Maintain a high level of morale among all employees.
- Plan for the anticipated future business needs of the restaurant.
- Direct and supervise day-to-day restaurant activities.
- Enforce consistently the execution of established food, service, and housekeeping standards on a daily basis.
- Assure that the established plate presentation program is fully implemented and closely followed.
- Assure that corporate marketing and right-selling programs are fully supported through training and monitoring results. Provide feedback to employees and take necessary action to improve compliance.
- Respond promptly to negative customer comment cards and letters and communicate to employees both negative and positive comments.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Conduct monthly safety committee meetings.
- Maintain safety, security, building and equipment repair and maintenance, house-keeping, sanitation, ("A" grade only acceptable rating) and strict adherence to local, state, and federal regulations for the protection of the company's reputation and assets.
- Adhere to all established administrative and cash handling procedures, and the timely notification to the general office of any variances to such procedures.
- Provide a managing presence on the floor, on the line, or at the pass out window during peak periods when in the restaurant.
- Work in the restaurant a minimum of a five-day, forty-hour week.
- Meet adjusted net profit goals set for the restaurant.
- Work for continued sales and profit growth by building high repeat customer traffic and
improve profit by controlling direct expenses.
- Increase the Adjusted Net Profit percentage of the unit.
- Identify, develop, and implement programs for profit optimization. i.e. portion-control; stricter receiving procedures; etc.
- Identify, develop, and implement high impact/low cost programs that positively impact guest satisfaction. i.e. attractive, low-cost food items; create a guest appreciation program; etc.
- Identify, develop, and implement operational efficiencies and/or product improvements through better maintenance and use of equipment and operational configurations to meet profit goals.
Additional Corporate Objectives
- Assist in the development and subsequent supervision for the implementation of strategic company marketing and operational plan.
- Assist in the creation of the core menu and the development of store-specific menu specials.
- Co-ordinate (when required) market and guest research with the marketing department.
- Lead in the development of community involvement and strengthening relationships between Norm's and local government, neighboring businesses, community organizations, and residents that will create a long-term, positive image of Norm's within the community.
- Suggest new food items and/or combinations for the chain.
- Reports to District Manager.
- Interacts and co-operates with corporate chef, director of purchasing, director and manager of training, marketing representative, and office personnel on administrative and accounting procedures and matters.
- Provide guidance and training for trainees assigned to the restaurant. Assistant managers report to the unit General Manager.
Norm's Restaurant General Managers will receive a base salary. In addition, General Managers will be eligible for a quarterly bonus based upon the profitability of the restaurant and adherence to the above-stated goals and objectives. In addition, managers who excel in both profitability (meeting Adjust Net Profit goals) and the responsibilities and relationships mentioned above may be eligible for extra bonus monies on a quarterly basis. Evaluations of job performance will be on-going, will stand as part of the record and will directly affect job longevity.
Employment with Norm's Restaurants is not for a specified term and is at the mutual consent of the employee and the company. Accordingly, either the employee or Norm's Restaurants can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time. This represents an integrated agreement with respect to the at-will nature of the employment relationship.