The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF’s values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Must have a satisfactory background check
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC offers a comprehensive benefits program to all eligible employees. Newly hired full-time employees are eligible for insurance first of the month following their date of hire. We offer Medical & Prescription drug plans, HSA (Health Savings Account) Dental, Vison, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Short Term Disability (STD), Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD), and other additional voluntary benefits! All part-time and full-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan after 3 months of service.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. This applies to both Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC employees and applicants for employment with the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and termination of employment.