- Performs groundwater monitoring and sampling, and soil vapor monitoring and sampling.
- Participates in monitoring well installation events and soil borings, underground storage tank system removal assessments, and remedial soil excavations.
- Leads the preparation of environmental assessment reports (Phase I & IIs), semi-annual or quarterly status reports, and reporting for remedial actions.
- Provides technical analysis and interpretations of data and findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge.
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns.
- Researches information relating to identifying geological formations and soil delineation studies and prepares reports and geological maps based on the findings.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in geology, environmental engineering, environmental science, or related scientific discipline.
- 0-4+ years of related experience.
- Must be well-versed on soil sampling and logging/characterizing soil during soil boring installations.
- Agreeable to day travel within the Southern California area.
- The following knowledge / experience / certifications are a major plus, but not required:
- Soil and groundwater sampling experience
- 40 HR OSHA Hazwoper
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player with good communication, analytical, organization, and time management skills.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.