CSS is looking to identify 1-2 Geologists/Geological Engineers to support upcoming federal contracts.
CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into four business lines and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 32 years of corporate experience. The four business lines are Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, and Natural Resources Management. We provide competitive compensation and benefits package for our employees.
Candidates should be self-motivated with good attention to detail, excellent references, good ability to work independently, a record of timely delivery, and a history of successful project results.
- Supports on-site environmental field investigations at federal facilities
- Performs drill logging and sampling during all soil/rock sampling activities in accordance with ASTM standards
- Supports monitoring well drilling, installation, development, and testing activities to investigate the vertical and horizontal extent of site-specific environmental contaminants
- Samples soils for chemical analysis in accordance with EPA guidance
- Uses low-stress, passive, and other ground-water sampling methods
- Supports surveys and documentation of monitoring wells and sampling locations
- Supervises decontamination of all drilling equipment, backfilling of all borings, and site restoration
- Works with subcontractors and vendors to procure services and supplies
- B.S. degree in a geological science or geological engineering with 5-7 years of experience supporting environmental field investigations
- Must hold Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Two - four years of experience in logging and/or analysis of subsurface conditions
- Experience supporting environmental site investigations related to the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Experience on government (Federal, state, local) projects; EPA and Department of Defense (DoD) preferred
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER training and 8-hour refresher preferred
- Able to travel, as needed
- Able to work outdoors in a variety of field conditions
- The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, able to maintain records, and work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers and partners in field settings
- Good communication and computer skills required
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Position requires US citizenship and participation in medical monitoring
CSS is predominately a Federal Contractor and is subject to following the terms of Executive Orders. CSS requires all Employees (Direct, Indirect, government, state, and commercial), including employees working from home/remotely, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption by December 8th, 2021. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the CSS HR Department.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About the Company
CSS Corp a leading technology company supporting enterprise and consumer products, managing IT infrastructure (stand alone, Cloud or Mobile enabled) and deploying networks. We partner with many of the Fortune 1000 companies to help realize their strategic business outcomes and be future-ready. Our expertise and in-depth understanding of the enterprise & consumer product space, along with proven pedigree in Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM), help customers increase revenues, optimize costs, enhance IT availability and business efficiency, to more than 140 customers worldwide. Our R&D arm, CSS Corp Innovation Labs designs and develops products and IP, creates platforms and solutions to accelerate IT transformation and enable faster go to market for customers.
In todayâ€™s converged and virtualized world, CSS Corp integrates disruptive technologies like cloud, mobility and analytics to enhance support and help customersâ€™ increase revenue, improve customer satisfaction and reduce TCO. Insights from more than a billion customer interactions serve as the foundation for our world-class delivery model. The CSS Corp Active Delivery Frameworkâ„¢ helps clients migrate to best in class support structures that impact business metrics. With a workforce of over 5500 technology professionals, across 13 locations globally, CSS Corp helps deliver world- class customer experience to clients.Vision
Enable businesses to be future-ready
100% Referenceable Customers
- Open & transparent with high standards of professional & personal integrity
- Delivering enhanced value for customers & stakeholders
- Innovative & passionate about what we do
- Respect & creating opportunities for our multicultural workforce
- Socially responsible, responsive & active in our communities