Geotechnical Department Manager - Construction
Professional Service Industries, Inc.
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Geotechnical Department Manager - Construction to join our Building and Construction team in Lansing, MI.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
** The Geotechnical Manager will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Geotechnical operationsin Michigan, including mentoring Geotechnical Engineering and technical staff, business development and financial management.
- esponsible for overall management of Geotechnical Engineering Services, including P&L responsibility.
- Direct and execute Geotechnical project assignments including, engineering analysis and report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
- Provide senior review of proposals and reports and ensure that commitments to clients are met.
- Client relations and business development activities
- esponsible for the mentoring and training of senior and junior professional staff and technicians.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
- S Civil Engineering (MS in Geotechnical is highly desired).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Geotechnical experience, management experience is highly desired.
- Must have Professional Engineering License (P.E.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and related disciplines with the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet the client's needs in South Florida.
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- MDOT Experience preferred
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds occasionally. Additional requirements may be needed for specific sites/locations.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
A career with Intertek-PSI means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek-PSI is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.