30+ days ago
Franklin Lakes, NJ
Position: Global Logistics Tender Manager
Location: Franklin Lakes, NJ
Duration: 10+ Months Contract
Total Hours/week: 40.00
Client: Medical Device Company
Job Category: Project Management
Level Of Experience: Seniority Level
Employment Type: Contract on W2 (Need US Citizens Or GC Holders Only)
Candidate must be local to work in Franklin Lakes, NJ office campus.
Do not submit candidate resumes without complete of these prequalifying questions:
1. Provide examples of major international transportation tenders you have led including provider names, scale in ocean TEUs and/or air freight tonnage?
2. Explain what process you have used to qualify international freight forwarders, NVOCCs and ocean carriers for a global RFQ?
3. What documentation would you normally assemble for a global ocean and heavy air freight RFQ?
4. What logistics procurement tools have you used for previous tenders?
5. Explain approach and examples as to how you would solicit and compare ocean and/or heavy air freight spot quotes from providers.
Reporting to the Senior Director Global Transportation, the Logistics Tender Manager is responsible for sourcing international ocean, heavy inter-modal, inland drayage and parcel freight services with annual spend in excess of $200MM in support of regional logistics operations. This will involve facilitating international freight rate tender exercises with freight forwarders, NVOCC and ocean carriers, along with periodic spot quoting of services for new lanes or changes to existing.
• Assemble lane data and documentation for international ocean, heavy air, intermodal, inland drayage, and/or parcel RFQs.
• Develop RFI/RFQs with instructions, scope definition, timeline, for global ocean and/or air freight tenders.
• Leverage in-house rate database and/or Blue Yonder sourcing tool to develop bid approach.
• Identify, qualify and contact suppliers to deliver request for proposal documentation.
• Schedule Q&A sessions with each supplier to review bid documents and field any questions or comments that may arise during the bid cycles.
• Follow up on deadlines to ensure timely submission.
• Review bid files for any abnormalities in formatting, pricing, blanks, zeros, etc.
• Analyze bid results and present options for Global Transportation team review.
• Benchmark air and ocean rate structures against market standards and indicators as needed.
• Create and distribute the individual carrier awards files.
• Update documentation for master service agreements including terms and conditions, statements of work and rate matrices as needed.
• Facilitate on-going monthly, quarterly, and/or annual air freight tenders or refreshers for expiring rates.
• Refresh air and ocean fuel surcharge calculations per currently defined model, and modify model if needed to align with changing market conditions.
• In addition to supporting global RFQ activities, solicit spot quotes requests for new lane pricing or adhoc shipments across all modes
• Minimum seven years relevant and recent hands-on experience executing international ocean, heavy air freight, inter-modal, inland drayage and parcel service tenders to source third party global logistics providers and ocean carrier services.
• Demonstrated knowledge of international transportation markets, quoting, bid analysis, and negotiations for all international freight services.
• Proficiency in executing spot quoting activities across all international freight modes.
• Prior relationships and experience working with or tendering for freight forwarders or steamship lines highly desirable.
• Familiarity with ICC incoterm rules, IATA, FMC, ISPS, FAK rates, BAF, C-TPAT, IMDG, TSA, DOT requirements etc
• Demonstrated ability to manage global transportation sourcing across regions in a diverse, highly matrixed, multi-cultural environment.
• Strong analytical and negotiating skills, and demonstrated financial acumen for tender analysis.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• System familiarity and skills desired:
o Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint)
o SAP ECC 6.0 and Business Intelligence a plus
o Logistics procurement tools (i.e Blue Yonder, Tender easy, Infor)
o Freight audit tools
• Bachelor's Degree is a must, preferably with a concentration in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or Engineering.
• CIPS, Six Sigma, APICS, Project Management or related certifications desirable
• Position is based in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. Candidate must be within commuting distance.
• Direct reports: None