Under the guidance of the Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent operates light motorized equipment and trucks on the golf course, and performs related work as needed.
- Mows greens, tees, collars, approaches to greens and other areas not accessible with gang mowers; rakes sand traps with power rakes; aerifies greens; verticuts tees and greens; operates sod cutter, top dresser, walk mowers, weedeaters, flymo, chain saw and loader
- The incumbent has the ability to cut cups; mows rough with rotary and operates other equipment as directed; drives dump truck; cleans equipment used daily and reports equipment problems to Service Technician immediately; responsible for basic preventative maintenance on equipment only as directed and for returning equipment to designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Perform any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis
- The Light Equipment Operator may be required to lift up to fifty pounds in various forms. Must be able to operate necessary equipment safely and efficiently. Must be able to handle and use manual tools such as weed eaters, flymos, rakes, shovels, spreaders and similar tools. Must be able to walk extensively as well as sit or stand for extended periods of time while performing job functions.
- Minimum 3 years experience operating equipment.