Grants Administrator - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute 16936
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Grants Administrator for the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (RNI).
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is the premier multidisciplinary institute for patient care, research, and teaching in West Virginia and the region. We celebrated the opening of our new Innovation Center on May 15, 2019. The RNI’s flagship facilities are located on the Health Sciences campus in Morgantown, with more than 1,000 dedicated team members across five departments, patient care units, and research laboratories. Find out more about our outstanding works and contributions today at: https://wvumedicine.org/rni/rni-homepage/newsroom/
About the Opportunity
As the Grants Administrator - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute, you will support the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute team. You will be part of an exciting collaborative effort working towards solutions for optimal neurological health. In this role, your efforts will provide both immediate and long-term impact to improve the lives of West Virginians and others across the globe.
This position is responsible for managing and providing centralized grant administration support to the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (RNI) and affiliates through developing strategies to meet and improve the organization’s goals. You will be providing management and oversight of daily post-award grant administration to members of the RNI community. The primary focus of this position is to administer post-award grant activities; however, this position will participate in pre-award administration support for RNI faculty
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and various other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you’ll do:
- Post-Award Administration:
- Management of all sponsored projects assigned to incumbent.
- Perform analysis and evaluation of data and collaborate with PI on project’s progress.
- Complete post-award financial and other miscellaneous agency reporting/updates.
- Remain current on all granting laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Create a statistical database or other electronic filing system to maintain funding records.
- Review, audit and approve all expenditures hitting extramural funding.
- Advise/troubleshoot solutions that will enhance the efficiency of post-award administration at the RNI.
- Pre-Award Administration:
- Assist PI with entire submission process. Incumbent is responsible for establishing a timeline and ensuring the application is submitted to all RNI, HSC, and Office of Sponsored Program approving agents per institutional guidelines.
- Initiate, supervise and facilitate the preparation of grant applications, draft the letters of intent, prepare agency application form(s), complete all internal application blue sheet forms and create a working budget for the application.
- Collaborate with the PI to collect, write and edit all data and organize all files according to the sponsor’s instructions in preparation for submission to the agency.
- Monitor and remain knowledgeable of all current agency funding opportunities
- Develop the budget for all awards and ensure the budgets are accurate before submission to the approving agents.
- Maintain knowledge of grants administration to serve as an advisor to the faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- 2+ years of experience with the following:
- Clinical grants administration
- Nonclinical grants administration
- Pre and Post Award grants administration.
- Grants accounting, submitting proposals, completing online applications or reporting and other business-related experience.
- Ability to analyze data and provide useful information to the granting agency.
- Ability to prepare, manage and maintain budgets and financial reports and provide reconciliation reports among clustered accounts.
- Knowledge of PC based software and related applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of various grant proposal application processes (on-line and hard copy submissions).
- Experience with Kuali Coeus (KC) and Oracle/MAP Financial System is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Grants and contracts administration experience in a higher educational environment.
- Knowledge of higher education financial processes and procedures and managing accounting records
- Certified Research Administrator, Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator, or Certified Financial Research Administrator through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) preferred.
- Within two (2) years of employment, incumbent must obtain certification as a Certified Research Administrator, Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator, or Certified Financial Research Administrator through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) preferred.
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVU Research Corporation (WVURC) was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for startup companies based on University research.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jun 29, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes