Galileo is seeking an energetic, passionate, hands-on graphic designer to join our intrepid marketing team. This talented and experienced leader will be responsible for taking Galileo’s visual presence to the next level, elevating a beloved consumer brand while preparing it to scale for the future across multiple channels.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re a diligent, proven design and project manager. The depth and breadth of your portfolio speaks volumes, and you've tackled design challenges for one (or more!) well-known regional or national consumer (B2C) brands, with solutions that have delivered on campaign and business goals.
- You’re a creative visionary. You aren’t stuck on a single design style, but rather are able to embody each brand personality you come across in a way that captures their essence in new and inspiring ways—particularly in the digital space.
- You’re multi-faceted and well-versed across multiple marketing mediums. From building and updating brand guidelines to HTML email to print brochure to video—you’re passionate about all things marketing, and have demonstrable success to show for it.
- You’re incredibly organized, and a true servant leader. You do what’s needed when it’s needed, including everything from mentoring teammates to successfully managing outside vendors and agencies, building excitement and ensuring final deliverables are always spot-on, consistent, and exceed expectations.
- You thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative environments. You have a deep sense of accountability, see it as a personal goal to crush deadlines, and love supporting a team’s overall success. Nothing gives you greater satisfaction than helping all stakeholders get the final deliverables they need ahead of schedule, in dazzling form and ready to go.
Who are we?
At Galileo, we believe the world needs innovators and that innovation can be taught. We also think kids who learn to explore and who are willing to tackle challenges despite their fears are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving educational programs to over 30,000 kids each year. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who joyfully work hard together, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work products, have a shared dedication to our mission, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture.
We’re also a certified B Corp, ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times (and have been on the list for ten plus years running), have been named one of Forbes’ Best Small Companies in America, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Joining Galileo means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to Inclusion and Diversity, and camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Marketing team is a group of talented storytellers and strategists. They weave the different pieces of Galileo’s mission and vision into a cohesive and inspiring story, constantly expanding our impact. This multifaceted team works closely with all departments, from Curriculum to Customer Experience to People Operations. You’ll have the opportunity to support, collaborate, and explore the different avenues of design, SEO/SEM, email marketing, and web analytics—all while working in a colorful space surrounded by joy and fun.
What’s the job, really?
- You’ll be at the helm of our visual and brand identity, through developing beautiful and impactful work that meets or exceeds Galileo’s business outcomes. With a focus on design and branding across digital, print, email, and other channels, you’ll deliver a mix of work that sets Galileo apart in the national education space.
- You’ll bring fresh ideas to the table, and help articulate the story of our brand. As a vital team member and master of tone, you’ll develop a set-of energizing and understandable brand guides and scalable marketing tools to be leveraged across multiple company functions including Marketing, People Operations, Field Operations, and Customer Service.
- You’ll constantly drive results, particularly in the digital realm. You’ll have an ever-present eye toward metrics, and regularly leverage A/B and multivariate testing in your work.
- You’ll be a leader and mentor on a close knit team. You’ll help set the tone of the group, providing consultation and support to others within the marketing function, bringing industry savvy and a warm, professional presence.
- You’ll be a world-class partner, working cross-functionally with other departments to create and deliver visual communications that ensure that every message stays true to the magic of Galileo.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6 years experience in graphic design for enterprise-level consumer brand(s).
- Significant expertise in Adobe Creative software and design, review and feedback tools; proven ability to follow through from ideation to final production and/or deliverables.
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, and CRM/marketing systems such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent.
- Skilled at, and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance.
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a two year minimum commitment.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and other underrepresented people tend to only apply when they match every criteria. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every check box in this job description, we encourage you to still apply. We'd like to learn more about you and see if you could be a great fit for Galileo.
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
- 401(k) program provided after one year of employment
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
- We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Bay Area strongly preferred. Please note that, due to COVID-19, Galileo currently adheres to a hybrid office and work from home policy. More information to be provided during the interview. If remote, would require travel to the SF Bay Area at least quarterly.
Remote location possible in following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Illinois, Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Galileo prioritizes the health and well-being of our staff and vaccines are the best tool currently available to protect our staff. Therefore, for everyone's safety as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their role requires them to be in-person (per OSHA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Emergency Temporary Standard). Whether you require a reasonable accommodation or exemption will not impact consideration of your candidacy.