The Health Educator I will conduct health education classes on various health topics. In addition, s/he will work with the health education team to conduct training for AltaMed (non-clinical) staff on health promotion and prevention initiatives. Community outreach will include community presentations and health fairs. Assignments will vary depending on department and or clinic site.
- Provide educational services to target patients and/or community members that may include individual or group setting as directed by the Program Supervisor/Manager.
- Coordinate class schedules and events in conjunction with the Health Education Supervisor.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of curricula in order to enhance health education provided throughout AltaMed and community outreach.
- Distribute, organize, and monitor educational materials and administer assessments.
- Review health education materials for content, layout, cultural-sensitivity and linguistic appropriateness.
- Identify and/or develop additional educational resources, as needed, to support and reinforce health education messages.
- Provide health education training and support for other (non-clinical) department staff.
- Interface and collaborate with diverse group of health care professionals and outside community resources to coordinate referrals/linkages and patient care.
- Assist in the development of the health education work plan.
- Document services and interactions on EMR where applicable.
- Lead health education initiatives for clinic/department sites.
- May be required to work evenings and weekend events.
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science or related field required; an emphasis in Community Health Education is highly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required due to population being served.