Are you looking for a flexible opportunity in the fitness industry? HealthFitness has a brand new opportunity for a flexible on-call/substitute (number of hours based on demand)Health Fitness Assistantwithin a healthcare client's fitness & wellness program located inMansfield, Massachusetts!In this position, you will have the opportunity to provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and assist in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities.You will beresponsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree inExercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related disciplineORHealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise (ACE, AFAA, or NETA) and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, or ACSM) and 2+ years related industry experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aidcertifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proficiencyin fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
- Stronginterpersonal communication and customer service skills including theability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Exceland Outlook.
- Abilityto effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Abilityto work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.