Insight Policy Research
The successful candidate will use rigorous quantitative and/or qualitative research methods to answer pressing questions for our government, philanthropic, and nonprofit clients. The health researcher will support projects in one or more of our key health care practice areas. Candidates with experience using Medicare, Medicaid, or similar administrative data sources in their research are encouraged to apply.
Essential functions include the following:
- Designing and implementing mixed-methods research studies and program evaluations
- Developing and managing project workplans
- Overseeing and conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, literature reviews, and analyses
- Communicating directly with clients and external collaborators
- Authoring reports, proposals, briefings, and other deliverables
- Presenting results at conferences and to clients.
The health researcher will work as part of interdisciplinary teams and receive mentoring on research methods, project leadership, and quality assurance.
- Ph.D. in economics, public policy, sociology, or a related field (or a masterâ€™s degree with minimum of 3 years of experience)
- Exceptional analytic skills employing quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Proven experience synthesizing results across multiple data sources and research methods
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, including experience communicating research methods and research findings to non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to conduct multiple tasks with competing timelines and ensure tasks/projects are completed on time
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience working at a human services agency is a plus
EEO: At Insight, we value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, LGBTQ2S people, and veterans to apply. Insight is a committed equal opportunity employer. Each and every employment decision is based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race; color; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; age; religion; national origin; marital status; pregnancy or parental status; military or veteran status; medical condition; disability; or any federal, state, or local protected class. We do not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Powered by JazzHR