Help Desk Technician
Excentium, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran owned small business that provides Cyber Security Engineering, Information Assurance (IA), management, Certification and Accreditation (C&A), and other IT services to government and commercial organizations.
We have an opportunity for a Help Desk Technician supporting one of our Federal customers in Falls Church, VA.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship
LOCATION: Falls Church, VA
- The Help Desk Specialists will provide support for incident resolution and requests reported to the service desk.
- The Specialists are responsible for the initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of incidents and requests regarding the use of application software tools and/or infrastructure components.
- The Help Desk Specialists provide support through analysis and problem resolution using remote communication or through telephone contact with the client or end user.
- Addresses and resolves incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customer issues with a professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Resolves general hardware and software problems with customers having little or no background in computers
- Conducts component level diagnostics
- Maintains documentation for procedures and processes, as well as maintenance logs and equipment databases.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Business Information System or related IT field or 3 years work experience required.
- Required certifications: Security+; Microsoft Operating System Certification
- Experience in Microsoft based platforms (Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Etc.)
- Understanding of Active Directory (Account Management, Organizational Units, Mailbox Management, Exchange features)
- Experienced in Network, LAN, VLAN (troubleshooting and setting up printers on network, identifying network versus local based issues)
We take pride in building a workforce with a strong Veterans focus
Excentium offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
Excentium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.