If you are caring, someone who likes to do a good job and wants to work for an employer who values these same traits, then CVRMC wants you for the position as HIM Director. This position is responsible for successful maintenance of patient records and organizational and administrative operation of the Health Information Management Services Department. Oversight responsibility for operational aspects of department. Serves as resource for faculty regarding medical record content and regulatory requirements. Assures availability of the medical records at all times. The HIM Director adheres to the principles, philosophy and mission of Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center in all aspects of job performance.
- Degree as a Registered Record Administrator from an accredited school
- Five or more years of previous hospital experience in all aspects of health information management functions
- Knowledge of state regulations for acute nursing facilities
- Ability to work with physicians in a collaborative manner
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills
- Prior computer knowledge utilizing main-frame, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Must be able to interact effectively with co-workers, patients/family, physicians, regulatory agencies of members of the community
- Demonstrate ability to attend to detail or project follow-through and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to perform effectively under stress
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference