Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Histotechnologist is responsible for performing skilled and accurate processing of patient specimens under the direction and supervision of the Histology Laboratory Manager and Pathologists. The Histotechnologist will interact with internal cross functional teams, perform quality control and specimen-related checks and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laboratory requirements.
The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and immediately communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for prompt resolution.
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in Histology including sectioning and H&E staining, and assist in the Immunohistochemistry staining under the supervision of Pathologists.
- Train on workflow queues.
- Prepare reagents, solutions and controls.
- Perform and document equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Assist in sample returns as necessary.
- Interact with internal Pathologists, internal cross functional team members to ensure specimens are processed in a timely manner with high quality.
- Process specimens for research and development sponsored studies.
- Assist in the technical troubleshooting and in identification of opportunities for process improvements for Histopathology.
- Assist in identifying issues and perform root cause analysis and document the corrective actions in accordance to Quality System procedures.
- Assist in workflow, protocol and related SOP development.
- Assist and participate in internal and external audits.
- Assist in training in new laboratory personnel
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- At least 4 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory
- Active ASCP Board of Certification in HT/HLT required
- Experience in tissue processing techniques including sectioning, slide preparation, H&E staining, macrodissecting.
- knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations preferable;
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner;
- Ability to manage daily test processing needs with high emphasis on quality;
- Ability to analyze and problem solve basic issues that impact test performance;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong computer and automation skills;
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly;
- Outstanding professionalism, leadership, and communications skills;
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed;
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.