Home Care Physician Stunning San Antonio
San Antonio, TX
- Must be a member in good standing on the medical staff of an accredited hospital in the state where the hospice is located.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology.
- Knowledge of palliative medicine, with particular emphasis on control symptoms associated with terminal illness.
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency to write scheduled prescriptions.
- Medical malpractice and liability insurance in amounts and with carriers satisfactory to VITAS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy with current license to practice in the state where the hospice program in located. Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or other related specialty with a working knowledge of the principles of palliative medicine and symptom management.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
About the Company
VITAS Healthcare®, a pioneer and leader in the hospice movement since 1978, is the nation’s largest provider of end-of-life care. Our name is derived from the Latin word for “lives” and symbolizes the VITAS mission: to preserve the quality of life for those who have a limited time to live.
Headquartered in Miami, Florida, VITAS operates hospice programs in 15 states and the District of Columbia. VITAS has enjoyed dynamic growth since its founding as a volunteer organization by a United Methodist minister and an oncology nurse. Today, VITAS employs 11,773 professionals who care for terminally ill patients daily-primarily in the patients’ homes, and also in the company’s inpatient hospice units as well as in hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living communities/residential care facilities. VITAS team members include registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, home health aides, physicians, social workers, chaplains and other caregiving professionals.