Home Health RN - Day shifts - Wausau, WI
- Contract: 12 weeks
- Start: 11/9
- Guaranteed Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week
- Primary Location: Home Health
- Shift requirement: 8 hours days. Roughly 8a-430p, but depending on census there may be flexibility to start and end times.
- Weekend/Holiday: Every other weekend and holiday rotation
- On-call: 1-2x during the week and every other weekend. The clinician working the weekend for admissions/routines will be also be on-call their assigned weekend. Most often it is triaging the calls, not necessarily having to make additional visits. The clinician can determine if it something that can be handled over the phone (such as a scheduling question or a medication question) or if the patient requires a visit by the RN (such as foley catheter troubleshooting, wound vac issue, etc.). Response time: The clinician has 15 mins to return the answering services call. If the clinician does not call back within 15 minutes, the answering service will place a second call to the clinician and then the on-call clinical manager. The clinician is expected to contact the patient via phone and triage accordingly depending on what the call pertains to.
- Travel Requirements: 20-25 patients, 4.5 visits per day on average (may be less if a day of higher travel). It can vary from 25-60 miles per day depending on the territory, patient census, staff availability, ect. Try to keep it to a minimum as much as possible.
- Required Certifications: AHA BLS, Active WI or Compact license, Valid Driver's license, OASIS cert a PLUS.
- Minimum experience: 2+ years home health experience, preferred. Must have travel experience
- Charting Experience: Oasis required. Epic preferred.
- Unit Information (Bed size, Case type, Patient ratio): Oasis admissions, all time points, episode management, dr calls and coordination of care, documentation in EMR timely, clinical competencies in wound, IV, ports, Lab draws, chronic disease management.
- Hard worker, Time management, Resilient and Manages Change well, Social candidates, Dependable and Accountable, Compassionate, Positive Attitude
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.