Big Cedar Lodge
Position Summary: To supervise plant care and promote environmental awareness.
- Provide input regarding plant selection, location and care
- Work with the Natural Resources Manager, Grounds Supervisor, and Golf Course Superintendent to meet the requirements for the objectives of Big Cedar Lodge and Top of the Rock, as well as those set forth by the Audubon Society for the golf course
- Will work on maintaining the environmental certification requirements set by the City of Branson, Taney County and the State of Missouri
- Gather and share all ideas and educational items for all Big Cedar Lodge and Top of the Rock Associates. Work with each and every department to increase an awareness and appreciation of environmental issues
- Develop the utilization of final products, by-products and revenues generated and keep accurate records of associated activities
- Manage/coordinate the safe handling and removal of bio-hazardous materials on property
- Develop and coordinate all safe working practices in the handling of the recyclable and hazardous materials
- Lead by example in working with the Landscaping team at Top of the Rock and Big Cedar Lodge
- Will perform other duties as required
- Assist with the supervision of 6 – 10 employees in the Golf Grounds Department
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work
- Addressing complaints
- Resolving problems
- Possess a valid Missouri “E” or Arkansas “P” driver’s license
- Clean and safe driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Other Skills and Abilities - The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency and a real concern for customer service.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on uneven terrain. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee will be exposed to poison ivy, oak and sumac on a regular basis, and must be able to work closely with these plants and possibly other toxic plant materials, as well as bees, wasps and yellow jackets.