Hotel Assistant General Manager
GREAT opportunity for a front desk supervisor or manager ready to become an Assistant General Manager! Start your career with Aimbridge Hospitality, the leading third-party hotel management company with over 1,500 hotels across the U.S.!
As an Assistant General Manager, you will ensure guest satisfaction and the efficient operation of the hotel by supervising operating departments in the absence of the General Manager and/or the Manager on Duty. Assist the General Manager by continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation cost control guest satisfaction and development of associates.Responsibilities:
- Prefer 2 years progressive experience in a Rooms or F&B department Hotel; or a college degree and at least 1 to 2 years experience in a Rooms or F&B department at a Hotel;
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality's dress code and wearing a nametag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR & First Aid.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager by supervising and supporting the Guest Services Food & Beverage Food Production Engineering Accounting Sales and Housekeeping departments. Communicate and/or correct deficiencies in these departments in conjunction with the supervisor on duty.
- Use competencies from Aimbridge & Brand training materials to develop self in all operational departments. Work with Department Heads to gain a good understanding of each position and how it affects the operation of the hotel.
- Assist the General Manager as needed in revenue generation programs. Participate in the sales effort by meeting on-site contacts for evening functions greeting important clients and participating in sales calls with Sales Team members.
- Assist the General Manager in the development of managerial and hourly employees through the implementation of Corporate-approved training programs. Participate in (at a minimum) bi-weekly one-on-one's with the Department Heads to facilitate personnel development.
- Assist in creating an environment where employees make empowered decisions to ensure guest satisfaction. Follow up on all empowerment successes and opportunities with the appropriate Department Head.
- Assist the General Manager with the creation of financial reports as required by the Corporate Office. Meet all Corporate imposed deadlines as well as those imposed by the General Manager.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
Our hotel in Burnsville, MN offers a great location within walking distance of shopping at the Burnsville Center and major area medical center, Fairview Ridges Hospital. The hotel sits between the split of I-35E & I-35W off of County Road 42. We are a short drive from many popular attractions including Buck Hill skiing, Valleyfair, Minnesota Zoo, Mall of America & Mystic Lake Casino. Nearby Northfield, MN is home of St. Olaf and Carleton Colleges and is only a 30 minute drive from our Burnsville hotel. The Marriott hotel offers all the modern amenities so travelers don't need to change their routine when they are away from home. When guests stay with us, they'll enjoy our free Wi-Fi throughout, free hot breakfast with healthy choices, fitness facility, business center and indoor pool with spa tub. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville, our guests are our #1 priority.Company Overview:
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits:
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan