Hotel Assistant Shift Manager
Greektown Casino Hotel
Donâ€™t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Greektown Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.Responsibilities:
Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings
- Prepare and communicate daily shift reports.
- Assists in creating effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to hotel leadership.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Provides direction for Hotel supervisory staff on assigned shift.
- Assists with posting charges, and settling of folios for individuals and groups, if applicable, on assigned shift.
- Addresses and manages complaints, grievances or concerns from team members on assigned shift.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve guestsâ€™ challenges while supporting all customer service programs on assigned shift.
- Assists Hotel Manager in overseeing Hotel Operations to include though not limited to: Front Desk, Housekeeping, Bell Service, and Reservations.
- Direct Housekeeping Supervisors and team members to ensure a high standard of cleanliness in all public areas and hotel guest rooms.
- Ensure offices, guest rooms, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Tour facility checking hotel rooms, convention space, public areas, front and back of house to evaluating the performances of the hotel team member.
- Assists in inspection of projects after completion for satisfactory results.
- Assists in maintaining all master and direct bill accounts.
- Assists with management of daily arrivals and departures in reservation system on assigned shift.
- Makes recommendations pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve guestsâ€™ challenges while supporting all customer service programs.
- Responsible for maintaining maximized occupancy and revenue for Hotel operations.
- Makes recommendations for financial activities of Hotel such as setting room rates and policies/procedures.
- Order supplies, ensuring all par levels are maintained for the hotel team.
- Develop and maintain a safety program for all hotel team members.
- Train all hotel team members in OSHA standards and regulations and documentation.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- All other duties as assigned
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, thereâ€™s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means youâ€™ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer