Hotel Operations Manager - Gin Hotel, Lexington, VA
Up To Par Services LLC
Taylor Hospitality continues to grow! Would you like to work with one of the leading hospitality management companies specializing in the hospitality industry? We are currently recruiting for the Gin Hotel located in Lexington, Virginia. We need talented, take-charge leaders, that can help define the vision for the property and deliver results.
Role: Oversees all aspects of the hotel operations including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, and budget preparing, and staff development. Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate outstanding leadership. The manager must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize complex projects, and establish priorities consistent with hotel objectives. The Hotel Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff and has accountability for planning, organizing, and directing all hotel services, including front desk reception, reservations, services, including front desk reception, reservations, housekeeping, accounting, and marketing. In addition, working with the hotel controller to manage the cash flow of the property and the entire accounting process.
While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximize profits, the manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements.
Responsible for the following:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Responsible for achieving hotel profitability and operational & cash flow goals.
- Oversight and bottom-line responsibility of all hotel operations including rooms, food and beverage, hotel maintenance, sales and marketing, guest relations, and hotel administration.
- Monitor the performance of all daily operations assuring all departments are keeping with the highest standards. This would include associates' morale, communication, and a functional organizational structure where all players in the team know their responsibilities and who to report to.
- Develops, maintains, and disseminates Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality operational philosophy to guide all hotel personnel toward optimal operating results, associates morale, and guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates the development of the hotelâ€™s long-range and annual (business) plans.
- Implement Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality has proven marketing and guest relations programs to promote the hotelâ€™s services and facilities to potential and present guests, including other external communications. Delivers and promotes prompt, friendly service to all guests, making them feel welcomed.
- Responsible for revenue growth.
- Oversee and work with department heads to supervise staffing, conducting team meetings as required so that the goals and objectives of the hotel are achieved at the highest levels of quality and guest service.
- Maintains Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality associate policy; initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel actions, performance reviews, and training and professional development programs.
- Participate in outside functions and activities deemed appropriate to enhance the prestige of the hotel; broadens the scope of the hotelâ€™s operation by fulfilling the public obligations of the hotel as a participating member of the community
- Development of operating and capital budgets according to the budget calendar; monitors monthly and other financial statements for the hotel; takes effective corrective action as required.
- Conduct all financial meetings related to hotel operations and encourage open lines of communication between the corporate office to achieve the Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality goals.
- Monitors Up to Par Management compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and recommendations to Up to Par Management team about construction, alterations, maintenance, materials, supplies, equipment and services not provided in approved plans and/or budgets.
- Consistently ensures that the hotel is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all the hotelâ€™s physical assets and facilities.
- Gives direction to and works closely with vendors, outside contractors, firms, and individuals providing services to the hotel.
- Handle guest relations issues as needed.
- Represent Taylor Hospitality to a wide variety of constituents; including community and political leaders, professional and seasonal staff, prospective clients, concessionaires, and vendors in a professional, friendly and knowledgeable manner.
- Analyze and summarize the local competitive golf markets within the region using all available resources t with sales & marketing plans and goals.
- Performs other duties as directed by Taylor Hospitality Team.
- $40,000 - $45,000 plus operational bonus
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
Qualifications: Passion for the business of hotels with established experience in team building. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly organized with strong attention to detail, and will have strong written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, the Hotel Operations Manager will be proficient with technology, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications. Finally must be able to generate and implement our business plans, analyze income statements and balance sheets.
- Must be a Team player within the Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality Organization
- Must have a passion to execute the administration of the hotel and ensuring the profitability of the facility
- Must use R&I â€“ Be resourceful and take initiative to accomplish tasks
- Must take full responsibility for the facility
- Month End (inventories and reports to go to Onsite Controller) and Monthly Statement.
- Reviewing and correcting Daily Report when necessary (Revenues, losses, comps, gratuities, rooms and F&B, Banquets) for proper recording of daily revenues.
- Maintaining ongoing and proper Human Resources for all employees as well as new hires and terminated employees (Handbooks, PAFâ€™s, and Reviews).
- Communication Proclamation: Weekly, monthly, yearly departmental meetings and individuals. Weekly communication to Corporate Team
- Responsible for the Safety of Guests and Property.
- Disciplinary Action and Counseling of associates.
- Maintaining all Client information in POS/PMS, prospecting, inquiries, bookings, even details, forecasts, final financial results, and group blocks and room pick up.
Additional Information Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure the associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, and hospitality operations. Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence, and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
Powered by JazzHR