Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Housing Administration Specialist for our Madison, IL facility, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Complete required data entry and paperwork in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to preadmission information, progress notes and any other funder requirements:
- Tenant opening to occur at the time of move-in at the latest,
- Progress notes and any other required data entry or paperwork submitted within forty-eight hours of the delivery of the service.
- Complete, maintain in working order and submit accurate and timely documentation, as assigned, to meet HUD and other housing funder requirements, including but not limited to HMIS Information, APRs and other HUD chart documentation.
- Conduct and complete applicant interviews and oversee move-ins/move-outs; working in conjunction with facility, purchasing, clinical staff, other housing and community support supervisors to ensure a smooth transition; and to ensure all required city and county registrations are submitted.
- Ensure all applicable tenants are certified as eligible tenants and re-certified as deemed necessary by governing policies and practices. Including providing support to tenants and staff in completing and acquiring required tenant documentation and all required prior notifications of re-certifications.
- Manage property management and tenant issues reaching successful resolutions, including but not limited to tenant and/or landlord complaints, monitoring non-payment of rent, distribution of notices and/or establishing rent re-payment agreements as needed.
- Provide services identified in treatment/recovery/safety plan that are consumer driven and meet the program requirements, including maintaining a minimum of assigned billable hours and/or dollar amount for productivity.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness by assisting consumers with regaining control over their own lives through self-directed recovery; including utilizing recovery language in all applicable documentation.
- Provide for referral, linkage and advocacy to recommended community resources especially assisting consumers with obtaining/maintaining Medicaid, other eligible benefits through managed Medicaid, Social Security, and/or the Affordable Care act and any needed housing resources.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and with the community, especially with landlords, state of IL personnel, referring agencies and resources for tenants, to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary, including:
- Attending and ensuring supporting documentation of 100% of monthly, required Rule 132 supervision if not a LPHA, and
- Attending all mandatory Chestnut trainings and CEU requirements if applicable.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years’ social services, admissions, scheduling or screening potential intakes of services experience.
- Or a bachelor’s degree in a helping profession or related administrative area.
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively with employees, consumers/potential consumers, support systems and other community contacts.
- Must demonstrate the ability to respond and communicate effectively and calmly with conflict-related or emotional situations.
- Good keyboarding skills required including preferred data entry experience into a variety of databases including an electronic health record (EHR) or electronic billing system.
- General knowledge of standard office procedures and use of office equipment (i.e., filing (paper and electronic), basic word processing and the ability to operate copier, fax and scanning equipment) required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled