19 days ago
Excellent depending on candidate
Our client is an enterprise Building materials supply company based in Ireland. A key supplier to the building, DIY, and retail sector they are looking for a HR Manager. The Group HR Manager will report to the Group CEO and will be based in the company’s head office in West Dublin. As a member of the senior management team the HR Manager will work closely with and support the board and senior managers across the group.
· Lead, manage and develop the HR function for the Group
· Review and develop up to date HR policies and procedures, including employment contracts, employee handbook and terms and conditions of employment.
· Support managers through the development and implementation of best practice in all aspects of human resources management
· Working with the board, identify the individual and organisational training needs for the group consistent with the strategy of delivering best in class customer service
· The HR Manager will manage and further develop the group’s current Training Academy. He/she will co-ordinate and manage all employee training, including induction training, and development programmes
· Manage the process of recruitment and selection of employees, including screening of potential candidates
· Ensure HR policies and procedures and how they are implemented is in compliance with all current legislation and relevant regulations
· Manage all communications with employees regarding relevant company policies, procedures, and issues within the group
· Support managers in dealing effectively and efficiently with all employee issues including handling of grievances and/or disputes
· Ensure the accurate recording of all employee remuneration and benefit arrangements, including changes made on an annual or ad hoc basis and working with the board to agree and standardise, where possible, pay rates and incentive schemes for comparable roles across the group
· Working with the finance department to accurately report on payroll costs monthly across all branches and group functions
· Develop and implement a suitable and effective performance management system for staff reviews to be undertaken annually and as required
· Work with the management team on implementing a group wide Employee Attendance Management policy, including accurate monitoring, and recording of all absenteeism. Ensure procedures are adhered to in relation to annual sick leave, employee welfare and appropriate action is taken in terms of follow up and medical referral, where necessary
· Supporting the management team in ensuring accurate recording and reporting of all employee contracted annual leave, including statutory entitlements
· Deliver on key performance indicators for the HR function as set by the board
NUMBER OF YEARS PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
Ideally the HR Manager will:
· Possess a third level qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent CIPD, Degree in HRM.
· Have at least three years’ experience in a HR management role
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiating skills and conflict resolution
· Has excellent interpersonal and management skills.
· Have excellent report writing skills and the ability to evaluate information and spot relevant trends
· Have good planning skills and the ability to solve problems, making informed decisions appropriate for the business
· Have the ability to effectively manage change and organisational development
· Possess a commitment to hard work and the pursuit of performance excellence, while operating to the highest ethical standards