Human Resource Specialist - Lafayette
This role is contingent upon award. Human Resources (HR) Specialist -will act as the day to day central point of contact between operations, project management and other key stakeholders. The Human Resources will:Act as the single point of contact to address any questions related to recruitment, employment, performance, pay, benefits, expenses, etc.Manage and facilitate all Human Resource related activities for Contractor staff, including but not limited to performance management, pay and benefit inquiries, PTO, workers’ compensation, FLMA. Enforce all standardized policies including, but not limited to, attendance, PTO, and progressive discipline in collaboration with other stakeholdersMonitor and track performance of staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing human resources support including but not limited to company policies, recruiting, onboarding, providing employment law expertise, and solving employee relations problems such as investigations, mediations, progressive discipline, employment terminations, etc.
- Track performance ratings and compile HR-related statistics for assigned group(s).
- Update employee records with changes and/or corrections in employment status, including salary, position information, scheduled hours, and personal information.
- Assist hiring managers in choosing appropriate company jobs to best suit business needs; draft or edit new job descriptions as need arises.
- Collaborate with Recruiting team throughout the recruitment process; serve as intermediary between Recruiting and hiring manager.
- Communicate effectively with other Human Resources teams and departments as necessary.
Minimum Requirements:- Bachelor's degree in related field required.- 3-5 years of related professional experience required.
Education and Experience Requirements
Equivalent work experience is accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.