Human Resources Generalist
Purpose of Position:
Perform general Human Resources administrative functions for assigned region. This includes staffing, recruitment, employment, performance evaluation, and compliance. The region includes: Milford, Hamilton, Fairfield, Oxford, South Lebanon, Amelia and Hebron, KY.
- Provide support to assigned plants and personnel; in the field 30-40% of the time.
- Provide guidance, advice, and assistance on company policies, procedures & documentation.
- Attends & participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, & investigations.
- Administer FMLA, short term disability & unemployment claims
- Recruits, interviews & facilitates the hiring of all job applicants for all open positions including scheduling & attending job fairs and CDL schools.
- Administer pre-employment & on-boarding process for all new hires.
- Maintain employee files including DOT files.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Ensure compliance in Federal & state employment laws and compliance including DOT regulations.
- Serve as back up to HR Manager in their absence
Aid HR Manager with special projects as needed, i.e. open enrollment, employee training.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of five years HR experience with strong knowledge of all aspects of HR, including employment law, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and Title VII.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of experience and education.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and conduct group meetings.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow through is critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to impact and influence without formal authority.
- Self-starter; able to perform without direct supervision.
- Proficiency in Google Suites and MS Office packages.
Irving Materials Inc. offers an excellent benefit package including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401k.
Irving Materials Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.