Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, PA
Bring Duolingo characters to life.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in! You’ll help evolve our fun style and visual language we’ve been refining for years. Your illustrations will be used in our mobile apps and on landing pages, advertisements, blog posts, videos, social media posts, and much more, pushing Duolingo’s brand and mission forward to transform the future of education.
This role reports to the Art Director as a member of the Design team and partners closely with our Product, Marketing, and Content teams. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting high-quality design, with a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone. Will you join us on our mission?
- Concept and compose engaging character and scene illustrations
- Work in a highly energetic fashion with the Design and Product teams
- Build new and memorable characters and improve existing ones
- Consider the user experience surrounding the artwork you build
- Build artwork for social media and marketing campaigns
- An online portfolio with illustration samples
- Skill and proficiency illustrating with Sketch or Figma
- Illustration experience in a tech, agency, or editorial role
- Experience illustrating for animation
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects in parallel from concept to completion
- Ability to work from or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Outstanding candidates will have...
- Proven experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
- Experience with product design or animation (or both)
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.