Imaging Assistant, Full Time, Variable Shift - Radiology
Adventist Health Physicians Network - North Glendale
Organization: Adventist Health Castle
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Kailua
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2021, 1:04:31 AM
Shift: Variable Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located minutes from Lanikai Beach in Windward Oahu, Adventist Health Castle is nestled at the base of the beautiful Ko’olau mountain range. More than just a beautiful campus, AHCS also one of five organizations nationwide to receive the 2017 Baldrige National Quality Award.
Featuring a full-service medical center, Castle offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services, with over 1,000 employees and staffed by more than 300 physicians. Located just outside of Kailua, AHCS serves all of O'ahu and is the primary health care facility for the Windward side of the island.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Imaging Assistant who:
Safely transports patients to and from the diagnostic imaging department, ensuring patient support systems are in place at all times. Reports any changes in patient condition during the process to nurses and/or technologists.
- Safely transports patients (with and without oxygen, as appropriate) between their rooms and the diagnostic imaging department. Assists patients from wheelchair to exam table, stretcher or toilet and back as needed. Provides direct patient care as directed by technologists or radiologists, in conjunction with all imaging procedures.
- Serves as liaison between technologists and unit nursing staffs. Performs all duties related to the hand off of care between the imaging department and hospital unit, including recognizing and reporting abnormal, emergent or unusual signs and symptoms based on patient population and common diagnoses (change in vital signs, intake, output, patient complaints, etc.).
- Checks all documentation prior to patient transfer. Processes paperwork and assembles films in preparation for reading. Assists the imaging clerical staff as needed. Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other patientKeeps stretchers and wheelchairs clean and neatly stored, blanket warmers and linens stocked, exam rooms tidy and equipment clean.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'#CD#ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate'#CD#s/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required