Imaging Services Tech Assistant
UPMC Presbyterian is hiring a Full-Time Imaging Services Tech Assistant! This role will primarily work daylight shifts Monday - Friday, but may vary depending on department needs.
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package that few employers can match and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and offers the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today and find out where your career can take you!
Provide for the performance of a variety of technical procedures utilizing independent judgment and a basic understanding of technology, anatomy, and physiology. Provide quality patient care in a timely, cost effective manner to aid in medical diagnosis under the supervision of a registered technologist.
- Transports patient to and from unit when required.
- Demonstrate proper placement of IV catheter.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and appropriately follows guidelines for GFR criteria.
- Assists with invasive procedure tray set-up and couriers specimens to lab as needed.
- Practices established MRI safety and radiation safety protocols.
- Accurately schedules exams into RIS as needed.
- Reschedules exams as needed and contacts patients for additional scanning.
- Assists technologist with patient care/flow as instructed.
- Knowledgeable of procedural processes.
- Verifies patient identify by utilizing at least two patient identifiers.
- Effectively prepares patient for exam providing both pre and post procedure education.
- Documents proper history into electronic record.
- Reviews physician orders and contacts office if additional information is required.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires Clerical and computer experience.
- Requires Communication and interpersonal skills.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran