Requisition #: 20265
Shift : 2
Start Time : 6:00 pm
End Time : 6:00 am
Schedule Days : 7 days on - 7 days off
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Are you an experienced technician/mechanic looking for a unique opportunity to work 7 days on/7 days off? If so, we want you to join the Empire family at our mine site in Morenci, AZ.
You’ll join our Morenci team of 150+ shop and field mechanic/technicians at one of the biggest copper mines in the world. This mine offers two shifts working on the largest machines in the Cat lineup, doing everything from troubleshooting and repair to identifying root cause failures. Our technicians are safety-focused and passionate team players, committed to providing the best level of service for our clients in a drug-free work environment. Assistance is available to candidates willing to relocate.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1950, Empire Cat is a world-renowned Caterpillar dealer and a top private company in Arizona. We are third-generation, family-owned with over 2,000 employees across 25+ locations throughout Arizona and Southeastern California. We're a diverse group of people, but we all share an inspiring vision to BE THE BEST. That vision is achieved by our individual commitments to work hard and live our core values every day.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation with Additional Differential Mining Pay, ranging from $22 - $43 per hour DOE
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Tool Discounts
- Technical Training & Professional Development Classes
- Education Assistance & Degree Partnership Programs
- Scholarship Program for Children & Grandchildren
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonuses
- Recognition & Award Programs
- Mentor Program
- Relocation Assistance
Education and Experience:
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate, driven individuals excited to work on Cat machines and other mining equipment
- Professionalism and good communication skills, with the ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Good safety record and a desire to work in an environment where everyone looks out for each other
- Ability to maintain current MSHA card as required
- Experienced technicians (6+ months) armed with their own set of tools, driver’s license and proof of a HS diploma or GED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment