In-Patient Mental Health Therapist (Brush Prairie)
Daybreak Youth Services
30+ days ago
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of adolescents and teens, value working for an organization that demonstrates compassion, respect, integrity, excellence, faith, and safety in everything we do, and want to establish a rewarding career? Daybreak may be the place for you!
**** $5,000 Sign-on Bonus ****
At Daybreak Youth Services we save young lives by demonstrating love and bringing hope for their future. We lead with our core values in all that we do through compassion, respect, integrity, excellence, faith, and safety. Established in 1978, Daybreak Youth Services is the innovative leader in the treatment of teen substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health issues across Washington State. Our job is not an easy one - we work with complex teens from a variety of backgrounds. HOWEVER, the hard work and support we provide to teens in treatment is rewarding and a mission worth serving. Dr. Bill Yakely shares his journey below about the origin of Daybreak, the calling of our mission, and why we continue to do this work.
We are currently hiring a Mental Health Therapistwith an active WA LMHC, LMHCA, LICSW or LISCW Associate credentials for our Brush Prairie, Washington inpatient facility working with adolescent boys. This is a full time position, offering competitive pay, benefits, and paid time off.
As a Mental Health Therapist, you will work directly with our clients to provide mental health and substance abuse disorder counseling, facilitate group therapy discussions, and work closely with our psych ARNP and medical staff to provide the best possible whole person care. Some responsibilities and requirements of the position include:
- Responsible for case management, individual counseling, family counseling, and group counseling for their assigned clients.
- Establish individual client treatment plans, maintaining case records, and interviewing clients in order to obtain information and insight regarding their conditions and needs.
- Facilitate individual, family, or group therapies as well as design and implement co-occuring treatment modalities and strategies.
- Perform client SUD and/or mental health assessments and to assure that individual service and discharge plans are implemented.
You will thrive at Daybreak if you have both passion and experience treating mental health and substance abuse disorders, enjoy working with teens in crisis, and can be the calm voice of reason in stressful or confrontational situations.
Every day we come to work and make a difference in the lives of at-risk adolescents.
Join our team and you too will become part of the journey of love and hope for teens like Reagan (see her story below).
Compensation: Competitive pay with eligibility to enroll in our benefits package, exempt level position.
Education/Experience: Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field.
Certificates/Licenses: current WA DOH issued mental health credential (LMHC / LMHCA / LICSW / LICSW Associate) required, SUDPT or SUDP certification in addition to mental health credential STRONGLY preferred.
Shift:May vary based off of needs
Daybreak offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees:
- Employees working 20 hours or more per week accrue paid time off, including 9 paid holidays and 4 weeks of time off for employees working 40 hours per week/8 hour days.
- Employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible to participate in our insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, EAP, Heath Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), travel assistance, and life insurance.
- All employees working in our In Patient facility can receive free healthy meals from our kitchen - no need to pack a lunch!
- Brush Prairie facility offers free onsite parking and walking distance from transit.
- Extensive training on the floor and in a classroom setting
- Continued training once a month during what we call, Academy Week.
No history of crimes against persons, as per RCW 43.43.830. Drug screen and TB test are conditions of employment. Continued Employment will be based on the employee's Criminal Background Clearance by DLR/CPS.
This Employer Uses E-Verify