We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
This role exists to protect CCMG Publishing copyrights, maximize collections and profitability, and manage administrative processes resulting from CCMG Publishing contracts.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Assist with analysis of income and royalty trends from streaming sources, mechanical societies, Performing Rights Organizations, sub-publishers, and other income streams
- Process adjustments to royalty postings as needed
- Calculate and process advances for writers
- Research, identify and chase any outstanding royalties due on licensed or un-licensed song uses
- Build custom writer, source, and song earnings reports as needed to assist with company decisions
- Process payment and recoupment of writer demo and travel expenses and collect on approved third party demo expense bill backs
- Process bill backs to administered clients for Copyright Office registrations
- Evaluate song and royalty pay out setups in our Publishing Royalty System to ensure all royalties are properly processed and paid out to writers and administered catalogs correctly
- Track and audit earnings by royalty type for key writer cut lists
- Assist with ISRC clean-up, tracking and go-forward append process within internal SQL tables.
- Provide customer service to song writers and business partners pertaining to royalties
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of publishing royalties
- Analytical ability and creative representation of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diplomacy
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- General knowledge of music publishing and/or royalties
- Four year college degree
- Classes in math, finance, and/or accounting are a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English |Spanish