Industrial Engineer I - ( 2101E8 )
Primary Location : US-CA-Bloomington
Shift : Day
The Engineer I will assist in engineering projects with an emphasis on documentation, monitoring, and testing of new standard operating procedures. Develop and analyze process improvements to maximize the efficiency of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform a variety of routine tasks that are planned to provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, practices, and programs of the organization.
2. Use appropriate analysis tools and methods to analyze work methods and establish labor standards for activities within a selected area.
3. Use readily available clear and direct references to provide straightforward solutions to problems.
4. Collect and evaluate data and develop a plan for assignments that may involve design application.
5. Develop additional research, analysis, and reporting skills. Manage small projects as assigned, providing follow through from start to completion and participate in larger projects under direct supervision.
6. Provide recommendations for process and procedure improvements as a result of analysis.
7. Develop and facilitate training for field and corporate personnel to maximize the impact of process changes.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or no degree and four (4) years industrial engineering or operations management experience.
2. Demonstrated organizational and analytical analysis abilities.
3. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
4. Willingness to work nights and weekends, including working in extreme cold and hot temperatures.
5. Ability to travel 50%.
1. Operations experience in the transportation industry or experience in industrial engineering.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Req ID: 2101E8