Gables Search Group
engineer plans and designs complex manufacturing processes in an industrial plant. The engineer has full technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting independent technical projects for the engineering support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly and material handling.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide complex advisory support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Conceive and plan projects involving major production activities, exploration of product and/or process problems, and the definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Conduct independent technical investigations involving the application of complex technical principles.
- Evaluate test and production data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Coordinate complex technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, Engineering Change Notices, rework, and manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Coordinate with other technical support personnel.
- Assign work to drafters and technicians, technical writers, engineering technicians and machine shop personnel as required.
- Provide work leadership for lower-level employees.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 5+ years of related experience.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Experience with analytical and CAD software.
- Requires knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Requires expert knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing theory and design. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.