21 days ago
Los Alamos, NM
Clover Leaf is looking for an experienced IH and Safety Professional to join our growing team in Los Alamos, NM. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team and individually.
Provide professional expertise and experience by applying client orders, relevant external regulations, and procedures to help ensure that work is conducted safely and compliantly. The professional is expected to use and apply standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques as recognized within the industrial hygiene and safety profession to resolve an assortment of problems of moderately and complex scopes where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. The IH/S Professional will use judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action and achieve objectives.
You will be part of the Occupational Safety and Health- Deployed Services (OSH-DS) Industrial Hygiene & Safety (IH&S) team that supports shift, graveyard, and weekend work, in particular construction activities. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure field support and implementation of OSH programs are adequate, effective and efficient. You will be responsible for the implementation of a variety of industrial hygiene and safety programs and services, for example, construction safety, chemical management, beryllium hazard control, exposure assessments, confined space, fall protection, and respiratory protection.
Safety and security are a primary responsibility for all employees. You will assure safety and security compliance, maintain required safety and security training, and makes safety and security an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Typical assignments include, but are not limited to:
1. Conducting technical operational industrial hygiene and safety reviews and inspections to determine deficiencies, report results, and recommend corrective actions.
2. Conduct reviews and interpretations of industrial hygiene and safety standards, manuals, reports and other formal written communications and compares to institutional and/or local requirements and guidance for compliance.
3. Evaluates work activities and recommends controls, under guidance/supervision of senior IH/S Professional and/or line management.
4. May participate in the planning, development, presentation, and assessment of industrial hygiene and safety training.
5. Perform analysis of data to identify adverse trends and recommend hazard reduction actions.
6. Participate in the investigation of off-normal events and injury/illnesses to determine causation factors, recommend corrective actions, and develop lessons learned.
7. Review plans, designs and specifications for new or modified operations and facilities to ensure compliance with standards.
8. Assist workers in implementation of Industrial Hygiene and / or safety requirements by reviewing operations, identifying and evaluating hazards, reviewing integrated work documents (IWDs) and associated operating procedures to ensure hazards are appropriately identified and controlled, participating in pre-job walk-downs prior to commencement of work, and conducting periodic oversight to ensure work is conducted in accordance with the IWD.
9. Performs industrial hygiene and safety field measurements and evaluations, with direct supervision, and reports results.
10. Writes technical reports based on the interpretation of data, observations, and current regulations.
11. Makes recommendations for changes in the work environment based on interpretations and principles of professional practices.
12. Understands and adheres to all Laboratory and industry regulatory requirements specific to industrial hygiene and safety
13. Ensures all industrial hygiene and safety work, materials, processes and final products meet quality specifications and are completed according to established requirements.
14. Fosters a mutually respectful and inclusive work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy national laboratories, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.