California Steel Industries, Inc. is the largest producer of flat rolled steel and API grade pipe in Western North America. With 900+ employees generating nearly $1.4 billion in revenue, we are positioned to grow our business and looking to establish a pool of experienced electricians for positions in multiple departments within our organization.
Typical duties include:
- Responsible for the routine testing, inspections, and preventive maintenance of the Air Compressor Stations at CSI.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the CSI Air Compressor System. Have a good understanding of blueprint reading (mechanical and P&ID) and be familiar with service/parts manuals.
- Visually inspects various equipment for proper operation. Performs repairs and/or adjustments as required. Performs tests as directed and makes necessary adjustments and/or repairs as needed. Performs compressor service, including rebuilds as assigned/required; working under many different conditions: oil, grease etc. Evaluates system problems and takes corrective action to return various processes to normal.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisors pertinent information concerning job and system information, changes, problems, etc. Able to take direction from Leaders and work cohesively with other employees.
- Analyzes repairs or work required, obtains materials and equipment necessary to perform job. Completes repair job as necessary. Ensures work area is clean and safe before leaving.
- Electrical troubleshooting of compressors and chiller/dryers for our air distribution system
- Will align equipment using dial indicator or laser alignment equipment.
- Certify on and operate mobile equipment to include forklift, crane, trucks, etc. as needed.
- Properly isolate, lockout/tag out and work on pressure containment vessels and equipment.
- Assists other trades when needed. Maintains tools and shop equipment in good repair and condition. Assists in the cleaning of shop and work areas.
- Perform minor plumbing and pipefitting.
- Minor welding and fabrication as needed.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment as a Mechanic.(Related Armed Services experience is acceptable)
- Certified Structural Welder
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, lubrication and blueprint reading.
- Background in maintenance of heavy industrial equipment.
- Boiler/Pressure Vessel operations training and/or experience
- Refrigerated air dryer service technician
- EPA Certification for handling refrigeration
- Background in precise maintenance and repair of heavy industrial equipment