Industrial Maintenance Technician (EPFAB-21-0716-F)
Bowhead is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician to support the Engineering/Prototype shop at NSWCDD (Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division.)
The desired applicant is an experienced technician able to provide preventative maintenance and repairs of numerous types of industrial machinery such as CNC milling machines, CNC lathes and saws. The applicant will need to be able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues and suggest the best course of action, whether to repair in house or to seek out a qualified outside source. The ability to read and follow electrical schematics to diagnose failures is a must. Basic plumbing and industrial wiring along with tracking HAZMAT related items will also be the candidate’s responsibility. Learning OSHA and Navy rules regarding safety and enforcing employee safety is also the responsibility of this position.
This position leans heavily toward troubleshooting and repairing of electrical issues and moving/installing large CNC equipment.
• Engineering Technician III pay at $28.79 per hour plus $4.22 per hour for H&W (Health and Welfare).
• Paid vacation accrued up 15 days a year.
• Paid sick leave accrued up to 7 days a year.
• Paid 10 holidays per year.
• Up to $175 for safety boots every two years.
• Up to $5000 for college tuition per year.
• Prescription safety glasses provided.
• 401K matched at 3%.
• Must have a High School Diploma.
• Must have five (5) years of professional technical experience which includes experience in diagnosing and performing mechanical systems repair, electrical systems repair and routine preventative maintenance.
• Proficient at interpreting electrical and mechanical schematics.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers, management and respond to instructions/assignments.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Ability to recommend, order, receive, and install replacement parts on a variety of equipment.
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Organizing/maintaining files for tracking safety gear and HAZMAT items within the shop.
• Assisting with and preparing for government inspections of safety equipment and HAZMAT.
• Assisting and potentially leading annual required safety training.
• Diagnosing failures and repairing hydraulic issues.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time and be able to twist, bend and squat periodically.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: